LWV-PA 2017-18 Priorities for Education and Advocacy
- Place action alerts from national, state, and local League on our website.
- Focus on Healthcare.
- Feature an advocacy component at each League Day.
Economic Justice Committee
- Minimize the effects of rising minimum wages on eligibility for social support programs, join with other CA Leagues to advocate with legislation.
- Affordable Housing Focus: vigorously monitor the rollout of Measure H with multiple activities, advocate for governmental program sliding scales that take into account the effects of new minimum wage levels.
- Plan Civic Learning Projects for PUSD HS students fulfilling Service Learning requirements.
- Partner with the Voter Service Committee to develop student-led voter registration drives on campus in Sept. and April.
- Expand Constitution Day presentations in PUSD schools, in partnership with ACLU-LA.
Natural Resources Committee
- 7th Annual Climate Forum
- Local education, including League Days
- Advocacy for state and local environmental issues.
Voter Services Committee
- Get Out the Vote (GOTV)
- Educate on changes to our voting systems
- Focus on voter registration of underrepresented groups.